Saturday, August 16, 2008

Random Musings

A few random thoughts I have floating around in my head (and don't feel like separating into individual posts)...

Blogging on a Saturday Night
Yes, I am sitting at home, blogging on a Saturday night. I'd like to say that my life has 'slowed down' since having a child, and to some extent it has, but let's face it...I can probably count the number of truly 'wild' Saturday nights I've had on both hands. I'm not much on crowds, people, and hassle, and so I'd much rather have a relaxing evening to myself to read, write, or contemplate. I think I'll go read a magazine, next...

Perspective
Last summer, I thought if I never saw another raindrop, it would be too soon (though, I did enjoy the cooler temps they brought). Ha! What a difference a year can make. It is really, seriously raining for the first time in a ridiculously long time right now, and I'm almost happy enough to cry about it. Srsly.

My Mommy Loves Me
Saw my Mom today (Dad was busy playing tennis). We had lunch and she loved on Max and brought be lots of goodies. More pickles (are you reading my blog, Mom?), salsa, canned black-eyed peas, canned green beans, fresh cucumbers, fresh cherry tomatoes, and more onions. This woman knows how to keep me happy.

Healthcare in This Country is Atrocious
A political rant...I just saw a prescription of Clint's sitting on the desk. We can't fill it, because to take this particular medication would require him to have regular blood work done. Same for lithium, which we would prefer him take, as the stuff he's on has some major side-effects. But he doesn't have health insurance, so we can't afford the blood work. But, if he DID have health insurance, we couldn't afford his current meds, which we get for free through a patient assistance program for people who don't have health insurance (no generic available). And on top of that, his health insurance wouldn't cover his mental health for 12 months, anyway (not that most health insurance has much in the way of mental health coverage to begin with-thinking about starting to lobby for this one), because it is a pre-existing condition. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. We are one of teh richest nations in the world, and a significant portion of our population doesn't have health insurance, because they can't afford it. Our politicians should be ashamed.

Ok, now I think I will go read that magazine...

No comments: